Getting Started with the new National Systems
You can begin by consulting the Technical support page as well as viewing a series of short (5-10 minutes long) webinars covering the basics of how to use the new Compute Canada National Systems, Cedar and Graham.
The whole series can be accessed as a playlist on the Compute Canada youtube site:
Alternatively, individual mini-webinars can be accessed following the links below:
- Getting an account: shows you how easy it is to get an account with Compute Canada (slides).
- General info: general information about the national systems (slides).
- Getting help: Need help? This short video will show you how and where to get it (slides).
- Software environment: Learn more about the software environment of the national systems (slides).
- File systems: Discover the ins and outs of the file systems on the national systems (slides).
- Managing jobs: Find out how to manage jobs on the national systems, including basic slurm commands (slides).
- Common mistakes to avoid: Save yourself time and discover the most common mistakes to avoid (slides).
- Accessing the environment: This short video will tell you everything you need to know about accessing the environment - from login to data transfer (slides).
Currently, all of the webinars are available in English only. However, French versions will be in production soon, and when available, will be added to this page.
The list will likely expand with time, to include more topics of interest to both beginner and advanced users of Compute Canada national systems.