Migration from Legacy Regional Systems to Compute Canada National Systems 2016-18
Compute Canada through the Technology Refresh Program has been acquiring new systems since 2016. The links below present plans for the migration of users to the new systems.
The legacy systems will remain unchanged and will continue to be available during the migration period. Consult the individual regions for documentation regarding legacy systems. See Regional partners and services.
- status.computecanada.ca Operational status page for the new systems.
- Cedar and Graham Known Issues When Cedar and Graham come up we will be adding summaries of issues, bugs and problems.
- National systems - Descriptions of the new systems along with projected availability dates.
- Current Systems - List of the legacy systems currently in operation
- Recommendations for migration to new systems.
- Code and job migration from legacy systems
- Silo migration guide
- General Directives for Migration - recommendations for data transfer best practices.
- Transferring data - descriptions of data transfer tools.
- Resource Allocation Competitions
- FAQ - Questions and answers regarding migration
- User accounts and groups - New systems will use a single unified database of usernames and passwords.
- WestGrid Migration - Legacy systems within WestGrid scheduled for decommissioning (UVic, UofC and UofA).
- New system names - Naming conventions for the new sites and services
For questions about migration send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org