Migration from Legacy Regional Systems to Compute Canada National Systems 2016-18
Compute Canada through the Technology Refresh Program program is acquiring new systems starting in 2016. The pages linked below present plans for the migration of users to the new systems.
The legacy systems will remain unchanged and will continue to be available during the migration period. Consult the individual regions for documentation regarding legacy systems. See Regional partners and services.
- New Systems - Descriptions of the new systems along with projected availability dates.
- Current Systems - List of the systems currently in operation
- Announcements sent to users
- Recommendations for migration to new systems.
- Silo migration guide: COMPLETE Silo has been migrated and media destruction is scheduled to start on Mar.24.
- Resource Allocation Competitions - The resource allocation schedule has changed, with new allocations taking effect on or about 2017 March 31 rather than January 1. This is partly due to the requirements of the migration schedule.
- FAQ - Questions and answers regarding migration
- User accounts and groups - New systems will use a single unified database of usernames and passwords.
- WestGrid Migration - Legacy systems within WestGrid which are scheduled for decommissioning (UVic, UofC and UofA).
- New system names - Naming conventions for the new sites and services
For questions about migration send mail to email@example.com