Preparing your request
- When requesting access to an existing project you will need to know the project name and which cloud it is on. See the section on projects for guidance on how to find the project name and the section about using the cloud for a list of Compute Canada clouds. Requests for access must be confirmed by the PI owning the project.
- When requesting either a new project or an increase in quota for an existing project some justification, in the form of a few sentences, is required:
- Why you need cloud resources
- Why an HPC cluster is not suitable
- Your plans for efficient usage of your resources
- Your plans for maintenance and security (refer to this page)
- A PI may own up to 3 projects, but the sum of all project quotas must be within the RAS allocation limits. A PI may have both compute and persistent cloud RAS allocations.
Rapid Access Service