Pawel Pomorski works for SHARCNET at the University of Waterloo.
For installation instructions, go to dedicated page: FEniCS
Instructions for installing version 1.9.4 Alpha
1. Download the 1.9.4 LATEST ALPHA tar file from http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/, selecting the LINUX_64 version (free registration is required).
2. Copy the file to the home directory of the cluster you wish to use.
3. Unpack the file with:
tar xvf vmd-1.9.4*.opengl.tar.gz
4. Enter the created directory by:
mkdir ~/vmd_install mkdir ~/vmd_library
6. edit the configure file to read
# Directory where VMD startup script is installed, should be in users' paths. $install_bin_dir="/home/your_user_name/vmd_install";
# Directory where VMD files and executables are installed $install_library_dir="/home/your_user_name/vmd_library";
but replace your_user_name with your actual user name.
7. Run configure:
8. Run make
cd src make install
9. Add the resulting executable to your path
If getting a blank window on a Mac, try:
defaults write org.macosforge.xquartz.X11 enable_iglx -bool true