Getting started with the new national systems
You can begin by consulting the Technical support page as well as viewing a series of short (5-10 minutes long) webinars covering the basics of how to use the new Compute Canada National Systems, Cedar and Graham.
The whole series can be accessed as a playlist on the Compute Canada youtube site:
Alternatively, individual mini-webinars can be accessed following the links below:
- Getting an account: shows you how easy it is to get an account with Compute Canada (slides).
- General info: general information about the national systems (slides).
- Software environment: Learn more about the software environment of the national systems (slides).
- File systems: Discover the ins and outs of the file systems on the national systems (slides).
- Managing jobs: Find out how to manage jobs on the national systems, including basic slurm commands (slides).
- Common mistakes to avoid: Save yourself time and discover the most common mistakes to avoid (slides).
- Accessing the environment: This short video will tell you everything you need to know about accessing the environment - from login to data transfer (slides).
Need more help? This link will show you how and where to get it.